- 2019 Architect Application
- 2019 Associate Application
- 2019 New Graduate Application NAAB
- 2019 New Graduate Application NonNAAB
- 2019 International Associate Application
- 2019 Associate to Emeritus Application
- (Not an Architect? Learn about our Allied Membership.)
The American Institute of Architects (AIA) is the voice of the architectural profession, dedicated to serving its members, advancing their value, and improving the quality of the built environment.
Since 1857, the AIA has represented the professional interests of America’s architects. As AIA members, more than 77,000 licensed architects, emerging professionals, and allied partners in designing express their commitment to excellence and livability in our nation’s buildings and communities.
Membership in the AIA offers a vast pool of resources to help you compete in today’s market and keeps you informed of critical professional issues that may challenge your success. We invite you to become a member today. Please select your membership category from among the following descriptions.
Architect Member (AIA)
Individuals licensed to practice architecture in U.S. State or Territory. Learn More!
Associate Member (Assoc. AIA)
Assoc. AIA is open to individuals who meet one of the following criteria: Learn More!
- Recent graduate with a degree in architecture, or
- Currently enrolled in the Intern Development Program (IDP) and working towards licensure, or
- Currently work under the supervision of an architect or hold a degree in architecture, or
- Faculty member in a university program in architecture.
Any Architect or Associate Member may apply for Emeritus status who has been in good standing in the Institute for fifteen successive years immediately prior to his or her application and…
- has either attained the age of 70, or
- has achieved emeritus status under law in any state of the United States, or
- is so incapacitated as to be unable to work in the profession.
International Associate Architect Member (Int’l Assoc. AIA)
Individuals who have an architecture license or equivalent from a non-U.S. Licensing authority. Learn More!
|Associate- 2 year new grad.||$0||$0||$0||$0|