Architectural Quality Control Director
- GFF’s QC program touches many aspects of our practice, seeking to ensure the highest technical quality in the services and documents which we provide to our clients.
- The QC Director will have primary responsibility for developing and implementing QC protocols, processes and tools for use on GFF projects, and for developing an internal team of QC Reviewers best suited for a variety of construction types including office buildings, multi-family projects, churches, retail projects, mixed-use projects and interiors projects.
- Will conform to the firm’s vision for the QC program and its Director.
- Will have primary responsibility for performing QC Reviews on major project deliverables on individual projects.
- Will be responsible for meeting various intermediate and final project Assist in determining the labor budget and meeting that budgeted time allotment for assignments.
- The QC Director will contribute to technical training of the staff, offering firm-wide presentations, providing consultation to project teams during design and documentation, and serving as a technical resource for individual questions.
- Experience: 15+ years in the field of architecture.
- Degree from an accredited university in architecture, architectural technology or another construction related field.
- Candidates must hold a current Architectural License.
- Experience in reviewing and interpreting architectural and interior design plans and specifications, and in meeting with project teams in order to convey recommendations to enhance the technical quality of deliverables.
- Working knowledge of typical commercial and multi-family building types, materials, products, systems and technical detailing.
- Current knowledge of evolving building technology and materials, codes, sustainability, industry reference standards and systems.
- Candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills, working with others in a team setting, communicating with staff, internal committees, clients and contractors. Ability to manage, and mentor, all levels of staff is required, along with participation in firm-wide training initiatives.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills are required for multiple project assignments and considerable autonomy.
- Excellent written and verbal skills required.
- Working knowledge of standard business software (Word, Excel, Outlook, Acrobat/Bluebeam, etc.)
Please send resume to:
Attn: Mrs. Taylor Catalano
GFF is an award winning, fast-paced, business-centered and design-focused practice that includes; retail, multi-family, office, mixed-use, corporate projects, churches, schools, restaurants, automobile dealerships, master planning, landscape architecture and interiors. We offer an energetic and stimulating work environment, competitive salary/benefits and advancement potential at all levels. We are always interested in discussing opportunities with talented, well-qualified, energetic, and highly-motivated individuals! We were recently named one of the Best Places to work by the Dallas Business Journal two years in a row.