SBL Architecture, Inc. – Arlington, TX 76011
SBL Architecture, Inc. is looking for an Architectural Associate to join our team. This position involves technical support for teams of various sizes and, in some instances, coordinating disciplines for projects of varying scopes to creative and successful conclusions while maintaining excellent client service and satisfaction. The successful candidate is interested in learning and has team building skills.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- An NAAB-accredited degree and actively pursuing licensure.
- At least 3 years experience in technical production and coordination of engineering disciplines.
- Proficient in Revit / AutoCAD; familiar with Sketchup, Bluebeam and Microsoft Office
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; able to contribute to a positive, energized working environment.
- Reports to Project Architect and/or Project Manager on specific assignments and Discipline Group Leader regarding evaluations and professional development
- Knowledge of design and construction for healthcare and related projects preferred.
- Contribute to all phases of project development, coordinating the technical / production effort under the supervision of a more experienced Project Architect.
- Assist Project Architect with project documentation and development of production schedule to ensure established project goals are achieved.
- Develop and follow the project Building Code Analysis; ensure that projects are compliant with applicable codes and standards.
- Organize and coordinate the team in completion of Design and Construction Documents.
- Participate in construction administration responsibilities, shop drawing reviews, RFI responses and progress meetings. Review all project submissions to client, regulatory agencies and contractors.
- Represent the firm well in client contact; assist in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination.
About the Firm:
SBL Architecture, Inc. is a well-established, full-service architecture and interior design firm specializing in healthcare design. As our reputation and workload grows, so does our need for skilled and passionate designers who possess a experience designing for the healthcare market.
Our culture is energetic, collaborative and open. We value people who are fun to work with and who have a positive impact on everyone around them. We are proud to offer great benefits, compensation, and growth opportunities.
We proactively support continuing education, providing in-house programs that provide credit for AIA, IIDA and LEED on a regular basis. We support preparation for exams and all exam costs are reimbursed upon successful completion. We have the resources needed to help our employees achieve personal and professional goals throughout their career.