The Campus Planning group within the Facilities Planning, Design & Construction Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Design Specialist to join our team.
Facilities Planning, Design & Construction consists of seven sub-groups: Campus Planning, Auxiliary Planning, Landscape Planning, Engineering, Estimating, Construction Inspection, and Facilities Planning Resources. For additional information on FPDC you may visit our website at: http://facilities.unt.edu/depts/fmc.
The Facilities Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Design Specialist to join our team.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Assists with project scheduling, estimating and coordination with team members, consultants, contractors and vendors.
- Understanding of the design process from project programming, space planning, product specification, pricing, and construction documents.
- A working knowledge developing construction documents using design specific software programs including AutoCAD and such other 3d software programs.
- Understanding of applicable codes, ordinances and regulations. Knowledge should include but not limited to American Disabilities Act Guidelines and Life Safety codes.
- Place orders for materials and oversee installation of design elements. Project site visits to ensure compliance.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Interior Design, or related field and two years of professional related experience; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Physical ability to access work areas which may be in confined spaces or elevated heights.
- Proficiency in specific software may be required.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms and possession of a strong analytical and problem solving ability.
- Depth of working knowledge using AutoCAD, Sketch-up, Adobe products, Excel, Power Point.
Apply online at: https://www.jobs.unt.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=64595
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit – and takes actions to prevent – discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.