Senior Design Specialist
The Campus Planning group within the Facilities Planning, Design & Construction Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Sr. Design Specialist to join our team.
Facilities Planning, Design and Construction (FPDC) consists of seven sub-groups: Campus Planning, Auxiliary Planning, Landscape Planning, Engineering, Estimating, Construction Inspection, and Facilities Planning Resources. For additional information on FPDC you may visit our website at: http://facilities.unt.edu/depts/fmc.
The Facilities Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Senior Design Specialist to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee projects from conception through construction to completion and ensure the project stays on schedule and budget.
- Leads a team of consultants and student assistant.
- Assesses project resources and limitations, and provides recommendations to clients.
- Prepares detailed quantity take-offs including schedules, labor hours, materials and equipment required for estimating purposes.
- Develops and prepares preliminary design concept drawings, produces construction documents using AutoCAD.
- Reviews building codes and ADA factors.
- Reviews bids, examines alternates and samples, and assists in determining the award of contracts with purchasing officials.
- Periodically inspects and observes the work, storage, and
- installation or materials and furnishings.
- Prepares record documents at project completion to include interior finishes, project problems, resolution, final as-built drawings, specifications, and submittals.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Engineering or related field and four years of professional related experience; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Physical ability to access work areas which may be in confined spaces or elevated heights.
- Proficiency in specific software may be required.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- Proficient in AutoCAD, MS Office Suite.
Please apply online at: https://www.jobs.unt.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=64687
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit – and takes actions to prevent – discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.