Community Design Center I Fort Worth
Position Type: Administrative Director – Part Time
Reports To: Board of Directors
Anticipated hire on a 6‐month agreement with reevaluation upon completion of 6‐month period to continue based upon the Center’s needs at that time.
This part time position will be compensated with a competitive hourly rate and will be based on previous experience. Beginning hourly expectations will not exceed 20 hours monthly, unless approved otherwise by the Board.
Community Design Center Fort Worth – Overview
We are a not‐for‐profit organization with a mission to enhance the quality of life in Fort Worth Communities by:
- Serving as a resource for design and planning assistance
- Engaging the public in dialogue about key issues and opportunities
- Undertaking long‐term visioning in anticipation of future challenges
We strive to achieve this mission by adherence to our core values of collaboration through the formation of strategic and inclusive partnerships and alliances; excellence of our work product, resulting in sustainable outcomes and thorough deliverables; and a visionary approach that employs dynamic, innovative and forward‐looking strategies. In focusing on tough, difficult issues, we aim to empower communities to arrive at solutions that address their respective needs and values. In so doing, we are committed to being respectful of and responsive to the needs of all stakeholders as we engage the City of Fort Worth and its communities in preparing for the planning and design challenges posed by future growth.
Community Design Center Fort Worth is seeking an experienced professional, who is committed to community development and social change, to plan and implement community‐driven projects in Fort Worth. We are looking for either an individual or Association Management Firm with work experience in architecture, landscape architecture, planning, or urban design, project management/project administration. The ideal candidate should have a background with some combination of public interest design, neighborhood planning, community organizing, affordable housing, environmental justice and/or resiliency. This is a great opportunity for working with a dedicated Board in a collaborative and innovative environment.
- Assists the Board with communication, scheduling, and coordination of internal and external events, meetings, and projects.
- Support the Board in the development of resources and strategy for the organization
- Manage relationships with community groups, firms, government agencies, foundations and other partners
- Create, maintain, and development of Digital Media for the Design Center
- Delivery of project goals, impact assessments, and program evaluation
- Oversight of projects budgets, preparation of financial documents and any other financial reporting as needed.
- Will be expected to represent the organization in community and in partner meetings
- Manage fundraising activities
- Provide overall administrative assistance for the Design Center’s operations and other duties as coordinated with the Board, such as
- Prepare the Board of Director’s for its meetings by providing necessary information in advance and preparing agendas with input from the Board Chair
- Develop an operational plan which incorporates goals and objectives that work towards the strategic direction of the Center
- Coordinate with the Board to prepare an Annual Budget
- Demonstrated business development and strategic planning skills
- Strong leadership and management skills, including the ability to inspire, lead and manage the Board.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including written, verbal, and public speaking
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously while providing detailed reporting
- Position requires access to a vehicle or other modes of transportation that may include some driving, as well as occasional evening and sometimes weekend meetings
- Commitment to organization’s mission and programs
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree; or three to six years of related experience and or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Relevant education/experience could include planning, architecture, landscape architecture, or public administration.
Send cover letter with an included statement of interest with résumé in a single pdf to Community Design Center Fort Worth at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 30th, 2019