Cornerstone Projects Group-Senior Project Architect
Mackenzie Eason & Associates has been retained by Cornerstone Projects Group to help recruit a Senior Design-Build Project Architect. Reporting to the Director of Architecture, the Senior Project Architect will provide oversight and monitoring of all stages of the design-build project life-cycle.
Cornerstone is seeking an experienced, licensed Senior Project Architect that has the overall responsibility for the successful delivery of project design and construction services including complex project management tasks. This position requires familiarity with the broad fields of planning, architecture, engineering, and construction, and knowledge of the reciprocal effect of work upon other fields in design/build procurement and delivery. He/ she will help mitigate risk, improve processes, and add sophistication to project drawing deliverables to protect against costly compliance issues or change orders in the field.
The Senior Project Architect will manage teams on the project level. He/ she will contribute to every step of the design and construction process, including all pre-award coordination with internal and external agencies/ stakeholders and ensures project delivery according to schedule and within budgetary parameters. This senior role will have extensive contact with clients, developers, construction teams, and vendors to negotiate projects and build relationships that will educate and support clients through the entire real estate development process, accounting for the current implications and future impact of every decision. Completing projects on time and in budget, with excellence, are key to their success.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be a well-seasoned, licensed architect that has large commercial project experience and proficiency with steel, concrete, and wood-framed construction. He/ she must have experience producing quality construction drawings using Autodesk Revit and familiarity with Navisworks to identify and manage conflicts in a project model. Knowledge of Texas building regulations, building code compliance, and contract law is necessary for preparing, modifying, and tailoring as necessary all project-specific documents including RFP/RFQs, General Conditions, scoping documents, construction documents to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and codes. The Senior Project Architect will also be capable of independent project management studies, reports, analyses, interpretations, and recommendations.
The ideal candidate will possess experience, knowledge, and skills in the following areas:
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain successful relationships with both internal and external stakeholders at all stages of project delivery, including owners, construction management teams, consultants, and contractors.
• Experience in the preparation, and modification of the following templates and project-specific documents including RFP/RFQ’s, Modification of General Conditions, Scoping Documents, and Construction Documents and tailoring them to client-specific needs.
• Understanding of building details and components for a wide array of project types.
• Conflict resolution, negotiation, and risk management.
• Experience utilizing the “best-value method” versus the “lowest responsible bidder method”.
• Effective communication of a project’s progress and commitment in working toward the development and deployment of the design-build delivery model in coordination with all applicable internal and external agencies.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion on matters of interpretation of codes, guidelines, and as-built conditions related to design-build.
• Ability to set priorities and manage competing demands. Can track, schedule, and execute tasks in order to meet team deadlines. Is organized and proficient at multi-tasking.
• Navigating the real-time construction input of the work product in a more fast-paced environment than what is customary.
Required Professional Experience, Education, and Licenses
• 8+ years of professional experience
• B. Arch or M. Arch in Architecture from an accredited university
• A valid certificate of registration as a Professional Architect by the Texas State Board.
• Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, and Microsoft Office Suite
Preferred Licenses and Certificates
• A valid certificate of Registration as a LEED AP BD+C by the USGBC
• A valid Construction Manager (CCM) credential by the Construction Manager Certification Institute (CMCI) or a Project Management Certificate by Project Management Institute (PMI) or Design Build Institute of America Certificate (DBIA)
About Cornerstone Projects Group
Cornerstone Projects Group is an award-winning development, architecture and construction services firm, offering solutions for office, retail, and multifamily projects in North Central Texas. Cornerstone approaches each project holistically, creating a tailored solution to achieving their client’s vision through a more accountable service model. They work with each client to meet their needs whether engaging in development, architecture, and construction individually or together.
At Cornerstone, no two projects are alike. This is an opportunity to be exposed to a diverse range of commercial and residential projects for external clients and in-house developments. You will also broaden and elevate your experience working in the field with the in-house construction and development teams, making crucial design decisions on both the financial and construction sides, an area in which most architects never get involved.
To apply, please visit https://mackenzieeasonassociatesllc.applytojob.com/apply/3athLUtgd0/Senior-Project-Architect