- This event has passed.
Gerflor CEU Webinar – Flooring and Healthcare Outcomes
November 19, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
In the healthcare segment, designers are increasingly utilizing an evidence-based approach to design. Evidence-based medicine relies on objective, repeatable data derived from studies and clinical trials to make decisions on appropriate medical procedures and care. Similarly, evidence-based design relies on data and measurable results from a clinical, operational and business perspective to make design decisions in the built environment. And where verifiable data does not yet exist, designers may use rational inference to determine the best courses of action and design decisions.
Participants in this course will be able to:
- Identify 3 types of healthcare outcomes and the effect on those outcomes by flooring solutions
- Understand the difference between empirical evidence and rational inference.
- Evaluate aspects of flooring and integrated systems that positively affect desired outcomes
- Select the proper flooring for a given application using principles of evidence-based design
- Translate these findings into their next building or personal project