April 13th 6:30-8:30
Center for Architecture
PechaKucha is an international phenomena that is held in over 600 cities around the world. Events in Fort Worth have been held over the last two years.
Doors for volume 08 open at 6 PM.
Presenters for the evening include:
- Jose Briones, Ph.D – General Manager, SpyroTek Performance Solutions
- Dale Timmer – Educator, Musician, Urban Farmer
- Carly Cline – Media/Public Relations
- Jim Peipert – Editor, National/Foreign Correspondent, Associated Press (Retired); Author, Jim’s Bike Blog
- Ericka Bailey – Principal Lighting Designer at EB Lighting, LLC
- HOMECOMING!!! Committee
- Brandon Allen, AIA – Architect, Brandon Allen Architecture
- Craig Kuhner, AIA – Architectural Photographer; Professor of Architecture, UT Arlington
- Lorie and Michael Kinler – Landscape Architect(s), Design Department, Redenta’s
As with our prior events, this volume is FREE and open to the public. To help keep it FREE, donations are encouraged and sponsorship opportunities are available for each of our events.
April 13th 10:00 AM
Burnett Park – 501 7th Street
Worldwide SketchCrawl takes the idea of a pub crawl and adapts it to a social sketching event. It’s an opportunity for creative people to meet each other, draw together, and share their sketches with each other and online.
April 16th, 7:00 PM
Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth
Robyn O’Neil – Artist
feat. Ann Allen, Amy Herzel, Angela Callus
Curated by Rebecca Lawton
Curator of Painting and Sculpture
Amon Carter Museum of American Art
Each evening will include a cocktail reception with hors d’oeuvres, and the chance to see each of the residences and hear from the design team while enjoying the company of fellow design enthusiasts.
The Playhouse Fun Project teaches critical thinking skills through design education to elementary students in the Dallas area.
April 5, 2013 12:00 PM – 2:30 PM