Furman + Keil Architects is an 8-person collaborative design studio located in Austin, Texas, seeking to fill a Project Manager/Project Architect role.
Our ideal candidate has the following attributes:
- 8 – 10 years of professional architectural experience, with at least 5 years of experience on commercial/hospitality projects preferred (including project manager/project architect role)
- a desire to work on a mix of custom residential and commercial work at varying scales and complexities
- experience working on multiple projects concurrently, with the ability to prioritize and manage workflow between projects
- strong communication and organizational skills
- a client-focused approach to architectural design
- willingness to take an active role in office quality control measures, including developing and refining project standards
- experience with reviewing shop drawings and project submittals, and ability to write (or at a minimum, review/edit) project specifications
- familiarity with code compliance requirements and review procedures
- a strong technical sense of construction practices and detailing
- proficiency with BIM modeling software, and willingness to learn ArchiCAD
- skilled at balancing design and documentation work with project manager responsibilities, including client communication and consultant coordination
- enthusiasm for building and maintaining relationships with clients, builders, and consultants
- aspiration to take on the role of studio lead, managing the workflow of other architects and designers
- interest in mentoring and encouraging the development of team members with less experience
- active involvement in professional/community organizations
Preference will be given to candidates who are licensed architects. Salary is competitive based on experience and qualifications, with a robust benefits package.
As a team, we are dedicated to creating enriched environments that enhance the lives of our clients. We search for unique architectural solutions to provide meaningful connections between people and the world around them, striving to create an architecture that goes beyond the functional to engage the senses and lift the spirit.
Our work seeks a fresh balance between local precedents and innovative design. We strive to create timeless, sustainable buildings with materials and forms that are grounded in a strong sense of place and built to be enjoyed by our clients for generations.
We guide clients through a process of discovery, allowing the design to unfold as a reflection of a project’s unique vision and landscape. Our work is founded on the premise that collaboration, communication and teamwork are fundamental to unlocking the hidden potential of every project. We value the ideas and opinions of our clients, colleagues, consultants and co-workers, and stress the importance of making sure everyone’s viewpoint is heard and respected.
FKA is beginning its twenty-fifth year of providing design excellence to its clients and the community. Our work has been recognized locally, regionally and nationally for its thoughtfulness and attention to detail. We also take pride in our relationship with builders and craftspeople, who repeatedly inform us of their delight in building from our drawings and collaborating with us in the field. In 2011, FKA received AIA Austin’s Firm Achievement Award, the highest honor that AIA Austin can bestow on an architecture firm for outstanding contributions to the community, profession, and the creation of distinguished architecture.
For more information about our work, please visit FKarchitects.net.
Candidates should send a cover letter and resume as email attachments to the attention of Kayla Smith at email@example.com. Please indicate “Project Manager/Project Architect” in the subject line. A portfolio should also be shared as either a link or attachment.