Practice / Project Manager – HKS
The Practice / Project Manager serves as the coordinative agent for the resources and projects on the team. In addition to serving as a project manager for his/her own projects, this person coordinates the assignment of resources within the team and collaborates with the HKS Director of Talent and other practice managers in directing the Health groups collective resources appropriately. The Practice / Project Manager is responsible and accountable for the financial performance of all the projects on the team. Finally, the Practice / Project Manager, working with the Practice Leader, is responsible for coordinating the professional development of all team members.
- Coordinates the assignment of team resources to projects / activities.
- Ensures team and project information is properly entered in Vision.
- Monitors the performance of all projects on team, both financially and substantively.
- Supports the Practice Leader in developing new business for the team.
- Oversees the professional development of the individuals assigned to the team.
- Serves as a mentor and resource to the members of the team.
- With the Practice Leader, plans and executes activities to foster a spirit of camaraderie among team members.
- As a Project Manager for his / her projects, conduct the following activities:
- Requests and maintains all client documentation with regard to project.
- Acts as the primary point of contact to the client.
- Determines terms and prepares contract packages.
- Manages all project team efforts to facilitate effective execution of project design and the delivery of construction documents.
- Coordinates design group interaction both internally and externally.
- Develops production schedule and manages to that schedule. Prepares strategic plans for projects.
- Develops job costs, job budget, and manpower projections.
- Manages project financial performance.
- Overseas the preparation of detailed code and zoning analysis.
- Exercises skills of persuasion and negotiation on critical issues.
- Oversees both internal and external members of project team.
- Monitors construction progress with client.
- Professional degree from an accredited program.
- Preferred 10+ years’ experience with architectural registration.
- LEED credential preferred.
- Knowledgeable of CAD and/or BIM and other drafting and presentation tools.
If you currently work for HKS, please submit your application via the Internal Careers Portal.
HKS is an EEO/AA Employer: M/F/Disabled/Veteran