Workplace Strategist – SmithGroup
SmithGroup is an award-winning, multinational integrated design firm with a team of 1,300 experts across 15 offices in the U.S. and China. We employ research, data, advanced technologies and design thinking to help clients solve their greatest challenges. Our specialists develop beautiful, sustainable, future-focused solutions for healthcare providers, science and technology organizations, higher education and cultural institutions, urban environments, diverse workplaces, mixed-use and waterfront developments, and parks and open spaces. We are deeply committed to our promise to Design a Better Future – for our clients, communities and employees. Are you ready to help us get there?
We are looking for a Workplace Strategist to join our team. As a Workplace Strategist, you will be an integral member of the design strategy team within the Workplace Practice across multiple offices with primary focus in the West Coast and Southwest regions. Your role will involve leading and facilitating client and design teams, providing research, engagement strategy, analytics, analysis, and producing and developing design strategy solutions. Applying analytical rigor, critical thinking, and creativity to solve complex organizational, program, workplace and brand issues will be among key qualities of the mid-senior level Strategist. The Strategist uses design thinking by synthesizing multiple sources of information, demonstrating strategic and analytical thinking, entrepreneurial spirit, and relentless intellectual curiosity to push the boundaries.
Working with us, you will:
- Plan and lead strategic client engagements.
- Lead in all aspects of design research, research execution, and analysis (data gathering and research, workshops, observational research, interviews)
- Structure, analyze, and synthesize primary and secondary research and data (quantitative and qualitative) to generate actionable materials
- Articulate hypotheses, insights, and points of view to facilitate the development of design solutions and organizational recommendations
- Lead programming efforts (observations, data gathering, interviews and workshops), development of program and space requirement reports
- Work with project teams to implement strategy through planning and design concepts
- Partner with Studio Leaders and Workplace Practice Director on Business Development & Thought Leadership
- Strengthen and grow team expertise
An ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- 15+ years professional experience, with a minimum of 5 years of direct experience in Workplace Strategy
- Ability to work in one of the following SmithGroup offices: Dallas, Phoenix, Denver, Los Angeles, San Diego, or San Francisco.
- Additional degree or background in other fields, e.g. organizational design, design thinking, psychology, sociology, real estate, business is a plus but not required
- Proficient in MS Office (advanced skill in Excel), Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD and/or Revit (preferred but not required)
- Experience delivering projects in one or more areas related to design strategy, corporate strategy, research and development or related within workplace
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in programming and planning
- Confidence in facilitating strategic conversations
- Sufficient knowledge of commercial office industry
- Flexible and adaptable to work with multiple teams and initiatives
- Collaborative, analytical and entrepreneurial mind set
SmithGroup offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and continuing educational reimbursement. We offer 3 weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment, with the option of purchasing additional time off, and pay for 8 federal holidays. We also offer an alternative work schedule that provides employees with an additional 15 days off per year (usually Fridays) to help with work/life balance.
Interested candidates can apply online here!