Healthcare Studio Leader – SmithGroup
SmithGroup is an award-winning, multinational integrated design firm with a team of 1,300 experts across 15 offices in the U.S. and China. We employ research, data, advanced technologies and design thinking to help clients solve their greatest challenges. Our specialists—from artists and engineers, to nurses, workplace strategists and beyond—develop beautiful, sustainable, future-focused solutions for healthcare providers, science and technology organizations, higher education and cultural institutions, urban environments, diverse workplaces, mixed-use and waterfront developments, and parks and open spaces.
The Dallas office of SmithGroup is looking for a Healthcare Studio Leader to join our team.
Working with us, you will:
- Be responsible for growing Practice Market Share and Net Revenue in conjunction with the local office and corporate practice.
- Provide leadership and management necessary for the development and growth of the studio consistent with SmithGroup’s strategic themes of: growing the firm, building expertise and designing holistically.
- Maintain relationships with past clients and develop relationships with current/new clients.
- Work with the Office Director and the Director of Operations to ensure that marketing & sales budgets, revenue and project performance targets are achieved and that studio issues are resolved.
- Provide leadership and be actively involved in projects through all phases, from initial client contacts through marketing pursuits, sales efforts, contract negotiations, project kick-off, feasibility studies, strategic planning, master planning, programming, conceptual studies, schematic, design, design development, construction documentation, bidding and award, construction administration, move-in, follow-up and on-going client relationship maintenance.
- Work closely with Business Development, Marketing and Discipline leaders to effectively market and grow our services.
- Provide leadership on a limited number of key projects as the Principal-in-Charge and be accountable for the financial performance of your own projects individually and the Studio collectively.
- Participate in recruiting, performance management and career development of staff.
- Be actively involved in professional, civic, or community activities that support the goals and objectives of SmithGroup.
- Exhibit and demonstrate a commitment to SmithGroup core values – Collaboration, Creativity, Community, Integrity and the Environment.
- Exhibit a high degree of self-awareness, self-management, social awareness and relationship management skills.
An ideal candidate has:
- At least 15 years related experience in planning and design for Healthcare in the AE Industry.
- Healthcare project experience that includes a range of building/program types, complexity and scale.
- An architectural registration and preferably LEED AP
- Proven leadership and demonstrated track record of winning work and growing market share in planning, renovation, or new construction projects for health systems, independent hospitals and/or academic medical centers.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working in a team setting, communicating with others, achieving high levels of customer satisfaction, and proven technical competence.
- The ability to travel as necessary to achieve Corporate Practice, Office and Studio goals.
SmithGroup offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and continuing educational reimbursement. We offer 3 weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment, with the option of purchasing additional time off, and pay for 8 federal holidays. We also offer an alternative work schedule that provides employees with an additional 15 days off per year (usually Fridays) to help with work/life balance.
Interested candidates can apply online at: https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=702&company=smithgroupP&username=